Red River College of Applied Arts, Science and Technology
The Nursing Baccalaureate program welcomes its first class in September 2010. It replaces the previous Accelerated Diploma program and joint RRC-University of Manitoba baccalaureate program.
1. Begins in the fall of 2010
2. Approximately 32-months in length (equivalent of four academic years)
3. Delivered over three calendar years, each year of study will be approximately 10 months long
4. Final 10-month year will be followed by a senior practicum of 450 hours
5. Due to high demand, this program is open to Manitoba residents only
Following successful completion of the program, graduates will receive a Bachelor of Nursing (BN) degree from Red River College (RRC) and will be eligible to write the Canadian Nurse Registration Exam (CRNE). Successful completion of this national exam entitles graduates to become members of the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) and use the designation Registered Nurse (RN). Graduates of the RRC Nursing Baccalaureate program will have the educational credentials to be employed in all areas where the expertise of a professional RN is required.